What's happening on ubuntu-users , and why it's normal

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 13 10:12:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:32:01 +0300
Ari Torhamo <ari.torhamo at gmail.com> wrote:

> to, 2008-06-12 kello 19:33 +1000, Peter Garrett kirjoitti:
>
> > To those who are used to giving terse-but-correct answers: Ubuntu is
> > not Slackware or Debian, and a few more warm-fuzzies won't hurt you when
> > you deliver your knowledge ;-)
>
> Here's is an answer from yourself (I just changed the order of the paragraphs):
>
> > To those who dislike terse and to-the-point answers: get over it. Those
> > terse but accurate answers are the life blood of a project, and usually
> > come from the people who know the most, and are willing to communicate
> > their knowledge.
>
> You seem to be telling yourself to get over it...

:-)

The two paragraphs are addressed to different audiences.

On the one hand, those who are offended by terse answers need to get
over it. ( Deliberately phrased in a curt and terse manner, as "Get over
it.")

On the other hand, those who are in the habit of giving terse answers
need to try to be a bit more considerate in their wording.

If  that's too curt, then get over it, Ari ;-)

j/k

--
Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au>