Karl Larsen's partitioning problem

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Fri Jun 13 08:16:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 17:15 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Res wrote:

> >>    Well in the file /var/log/messages I find it looks for a FAT
> >> partition 123 times!!!
> >>
> >> It sure seems to be a major problem.
> >>

> > Karl, I stopped reading your other thread as it generated into pure noise,
> > but it appears you have found your problem? Forget the vfat as Phil suggests,
> > the installer should set the correct fs up, so just try install Hardy on a
> > larger partition and say if it succeeds.
> >

>     Res it is in a 120 GB partition the stupid Hardy Installer made!
> This is stupid when you see the whole package is less than 3 GB.
>
> I plan to try one more time after killing that GIANT partition and do
> the thing with a two step application. But for sure it is a pain in the
> ass :-)
>
> Karl

Hi Karl
Why do you call Hardy stupid ???
Why don't you listen to your fellows advices and guidances ??
Why making everything simple ... so complicated ?

Being 63 years young I am really not a Linux nor a Unix expert !
Worked with IT professionally, since 1969, much more than half of my
life !!
The advice, guidance, hints, suggestions AND support given here is
great !!!

I appreciate every contribution and feedback, extensive or small. ;-)
I am willing to experiment and try what I do understand and
do not touch what I DON'T. ;-))

If anything needs to be called stupid or what else:
Mostly it's manmade by MYself. ;-D

We always used to say:
Computer make NO errors / mistakes ...
... hu/man make them !!! :-)