Forget Hardy

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Jun 12 21:58:32 UTC 2008

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> Bart Silverstrim wrote:

>>> It's not as obvious as it should be, probably to keep from confusing new
>>> users I'd imagine. But it's at
>>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes
>>>
>>>  From the download page, there's a line telling you how to verify your
>>> image, and the link is the one I put up above.
>>>

>>     Thank you Bart. I went to that page and ran the test and my .iso
>> file is correct. That doen't mean it all got on the cd-rom but I saw no
>> errors or unusual things when I recorded it. And it runs fine. It boots
>> and lets you install, but it never completes.
>>

> If your md5sum matched the one on the website, your downloaded iso is fine.
>
> The other part of the thread seems to point to a space or partition
> problem from glancing at it. I've been sitting back because I hoped
> others might have better luck diagnosing from the logfile you posted.

    Bart it seems that the Hardy installer is worried because it can't
find a partition that has a FAT file system. This is accurate because I
do not have one. But I could make one just to keep the installer happy
if needed. If needed this is a huge bug against the installer!

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User