Trouble with SARG

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Thu Jun 12 14:59:22 UTC 2008

Marcelo Garcia / Supermar wrote:
> Hey Buddy,
>
> I changed the format of the squid file, how you suggest. Didn't work.
> I return the original format, and.....WORKS!!!
> I erased the access.log before, but now, it's work's. I don't know the real
> problem., but now it's ok!!!
>
> Thank you very much

I don't know how much I could take credit for, but hey, you're welcome :-)

If I had to speculate, I wonder if something in the log wasn't formatted
properly and the program crashed as it was trying to read it. Combined
with newer safety precautions compiled into it for security, that would
give the error you saw and would also explain the reason it worked after
the logfile was deleted.

Perhaps others could comment or give insight? The links should be in the
archives from this thread.

-Bart