Vista (running ubuntu)

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jun 12 13:20:22 UTC 2008

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition/technologies/virtualization

> And all this time I thought kvm was Keyboard-Video-Mouse switch :-)

Yes, the KVM name for kernel virtualization makes sense, but couldn't
_somebody_ have suggested how confusing it would be - they could have just
called it KV and been more correct and less confusing.

> VirtualBox on the other hand was very
> easy to get up and running - only minor complaint is the requirement to
> run the non-opensource version to get usb working.

I'd really like to get network bridging working - that was trivial when I
used VMWare, so far impossible under Virtualbox.
--
derek