Hardy is in

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:33:20 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 20:50:31 Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Wed, June 11, 2008 4:44 pm, Karl Larsen wrote:
> > I have Hardy d/l and will see how it loads later. From all the problems
> > seen so far I have reason to wonder if it will work.
>
>     Your pessimism is astounding.  So far I have installed Hardy 3 times.
> One was an update that apparently I botched.  I reinstalled and it
> worked fine; in fact the installation impressed me.  Recently I
> installed it on my laptop *which is below the minimum specs for
> installation* and it worked fine.
>
>     Thing is of those three installs I only posted about two.  One of which
> was a response to the other.  So if you took my posted experience you'd
> have a a 50% failure rate when in fact it is closer to 33% with that 33%
> most likely my fault.  Tell me, how many other successes haven't been
> posted about it since there's no need to come here to say, "Ayup, it
> done worked, YEEEEE HAW!"  Sheesh.

+1. I have a Hardy upgrade from Gutsy, and a fresh install. The upgrade broke
because the upgrade path of the package plucker was broken. I reported it,
they fixed it, and the fix is already in hardy-updates. Note this package is
in universe, so this never happens on Gutsy default installs.

The fresh isntallation, as expected, went smooth.

Has this thread enough success stories for you, Karl?

regards
FF