help+ubuntu 8.04 installation+please

Wed Jun 11 23:44:40 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Avi Greenbury wrote:
>> David Curtis wrote:
>>
>>> Karl, 'lspci' works just fine as a normal user, no sudo needed. If you
>>> don't know, don't post.
>>>
>> He does know, though. He knows it's lspci not lscpi.
>>

>     Sorry I did get the anagram wrong.
Technically, it was an anagram that you got right ;)

>					But you guys forgot the poor guy
> has to be a root user. So, of course, I should have said $sudo lspci as
> I know by heart but for gods case I am 73 years old and do make errors
> even now. Perhaps more than when I owned my own company and made money.

er,

avi at moses:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory
Controller Hub (rev 0c)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM...

No sudo there.

avi at moses:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/lspci
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 65816 2008-04-03 18:17 /usr/bin/lspci

--
Avi Greenbury