not able to connec to the internet

CJ Kelley debiani386 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 23:03:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Felipe DOMINGUEZ <
felipe.dominguez at gmail.com> wrote:

> That will be the last thing :-) I will even spend money on another modem
> before going back. :-) :-)
>
> I really think is some thing with the modem I have. it has an Alcatel chip.
> The information provided by NoOp sais that the EciAdsl driver do not support
> the alcatel chip.
>
> I have found a driver that seems to support it,
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86112
>
> but I cannot compile it, it gives some errors.
>
> I think I will buy an ethernet mothem/ router, if possible something that
> is  wireless as well as wired :-)
>
> I will need to use it with windows and linux. can any one suggest a one.
>
> cheers and thanks for all the responses.
>
> Felipe

oh and btw, use linksys almost all of linksys network adapters ive used work
natively with linux (meaning you dont have to compile any drivers..it works
just out of the box)

i have also had much luck with intel wireless adapters (im using it right
now and it worked out of the box as well)

--cj