help+ubuntu 8.04 installation+please

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Jun 11 19:39:41 UTC 2008

Donny George wrote:
> yes i could log into the text mode with ctrl alt f1 but the file
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log is so long. i am accessing internet from another
> computer in the same room, how cud i possibly transfer that file as the
> one with ubuntu has no connectivity in any form.

Do you have any hardware support for removable media? Floppy, USB stick?
You could copy the file to that device with the cp command - but we would
need to know what device you have available if you need the exact
command.

> i tried the command sudo lshw | less didnt work either

Try lspci and look for something with "graphic controller" or "vga
controller".

Nils