Hardy Lockups

Shannon McMackin smcmackin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 19:35:54 UTC 2008

Keith Clark wrote:
> I seem to be having many problems with my laptop since upgrading to
> Hardy.  I can work on my machine for 3 hours, then over a span of 15-30
> seconds things slow right down, become unresponsive and then the
> keyboard locks up.  I have no choice but to power cycle.
>
> I have no idea why this would happen.  Any ideas on this one.  It did
> not happen in the last release.
>
> Keith

I have occasional lock-ups too...

I'm still trying to figure out my issue.  X locks up with only mouse
movement and I have to give it the 1 finger salute to get anything back.

I thought it was FF3 and Flash, but now I'm not sure...

The last lock-up happened with Thunderbird, FF3 and my VPN client open
and of course, it always happens when I'm not around...

What wireless chipset do you have?