Firefox closes / quits at random

NoOp glgxg at
Wed Jun 11 17:40:22 UTC 2008

On 06/11/2008 08:47 AM, Young wrote:
> Leif Gregory wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:59:08 -0500
>> Young <tuxman at> wrote:
>>> Sounds like a good idea. How?
>>> By Console, do you mean the same thing as the Terminal or Alt+F2?
>>> How would I get the error messages?
>>> Sorry if I don't already know this stuff.
>> Yes, just open a terminal and type "firefox" and hit enter. If there
>> are errors, they'll show up in the terminal which you can cut and paste
>> here.
> Thanks, I'll do that the next time it happens.

Actually, you'll need to do it _before_ it happens. If you do it after
the fact you won't capture anything. So, until the problem is resolved
always start Firefox from the terminal. Then, when it does happen
hopefully there will be an error message upon termination.

In the past I've experienced the same with Fx and SeaMonkey; in general
I've found that the problems are nearly always related to flash. Make
sure that your flash is the lastest version, and install something like
prefbar ( - only works in Fx2 and below, so
you'll need to find something similar for Fx3) where you can selectively
turn off flash, and only turn it on when you need/want to.

Also, a good place for Firefox support is the Firefox newsgroup. Use
Thunderbird or Evolution (Thunderbird is a better choice for this in my
opinion) and add Then subscribe to Or, with TB open and using Firefox, point your
browser to:

Also see: