ubuntu-8.04-desktop installation, graphics card problem

Buddy Kadri buddy.kadri at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:24:05 UTC 2008

Hello

I am having trouble installing a fresh copy of my checksum verified
ubuntu-8.04-desktop.iso bootable image from CD. I keep getting message
"graphics card and monitor unrecognised" and 640x480 mode, then everything
freezes even if I tick and proceed with "always use low res mode".

My graphics card is SIS 6325DVD and I tried loading it as SIS 6325 with and
withoug acceleration. Not sure where I can go from here, help appreciated.

Thanks

Buddy Kadri