thunderbird layout question

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Wed Jun 11 07:12:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 09:07 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Weird thing...one of my preferences changed, and I don't know how it was
> reset.
>
> My folder list is reversed and I don't see the preference to alter it.
>
> Instead of doing:
> primary mail server
> 	folder 1
> 	folder 2
> Secondary mail server
> 	folder 1
> 	folder 2
>
> It now is:
> Secondary mail server
> 	folder 2
> 	folder 1
> Primary mail server
> 	folder 2
> 	folder 1
>
> Where is the setting to put it back? Clicking the header of the columns
> doesn't re-sort, and it is displaying all folders, just not in the right
> order. View->sort seems only for message list displays.

Hi Bart,
Here with 7.10 & TB I do have exactly a similar display and it disturbs
me too !! ;-|

My account naming scheme is quite methodic and structured and like this
I find the sequence opposite of what I expected and being used to !! ;-(

NOT ONLY with TB !!!

The same reverse listing of accounts I am having with Evolution too !!
That disturbs me much much more ! ;-O

Well, it is on my very very first Linux / Ubuntu installation and
I hope / wish everthing may work better / prefectly when
changing completely from scratch with LTS 8.04 !? ;-D

Cheers, svobi