Harty Beta will not load

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 10 23:57:47 UTC 2008

On 06/10/2008 05:18 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Strange problem. I d/l the Harty iso and it went on a 700 Mb CD-Rom
> and I loaded it a month ago on an IDE HD. It got covered up by my
> fooling around and when I try to load it again this morning it loads but
> then drops back to the LiveCD. Looking at the thing it has loaded
> everything but grub.

I think it will help if you can explain what you mean by: "it loads but
then drops back to the LiveCD. Looking at the thing it has loaded
everything but grub.".

>     I am trying to put it on a new serial HD this time. Are there any
> issues with this?

With what?

Are you trying to boot from a CD, trying to boot from the iso, what?

I noticed the 'I'm going to stay with 7.10' thread - I'll stay out of
that one - but this question seems to be in the "read my mind" stage...
at least for me.

So; start again (please :-), by clearly explaining what it is that you
are attempting to do, and what the expected result is. Perhaps then
folks can assist. Re-read your post and ask yourself: how would/could I
respond regarding this guy's question without asking 5 or more questions
just to try and figure out what the issue is?

Karl, You are well enough along w/Ubuntu, linux, and this list, to know
how to ask questions that will enable others to assist you. From the
above I can't honestly figure out if you are talking about the CD not
LiveCD, or what.

73's