Crack GPG Password

Blaine Fleming groups at digital-z.com
Tue Jun 10 22:01:37 UTC 2008

Liam McCombes wrote:
> Thanks for the time taken to respond. To clarify. yes, I was talking
> about a bruteforce approach to getting the password, and wanted to
> know if I could decrease the time taken if I knew the first
> characters. It isn't really anything hugely important, mostly just an
> annoyance, so I am not really willing to pay anything to get it back.
> I will have a look at the page you linked and see if I can find anything.

Do you have any documents encrypted with that key?  Are you able to
encrypt a document right now?  I do have a perl script designed to do
just this but you must have an encrypted document to make it work.
Probably should have mentioned this earlier but I wasn't sure if I could
find the script.

--Blaine