Should Partition Properties be blank?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Jun 9 13:36:01 UTC 2008

Young wrote:
> Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Young wrote:
> >> This reply is with HTML turned off under Account Settings >
> >> Composition & Addressing.  Is that what you mean? I was under the
> >> impression that both would be sent.  My Ubuntu Thunderbird is now
> >> sharing a profile with its XP version.
> >
> > Yes, that is what I meant - thank you for switching it off. That
> > makes your mails readable.
>
> So, you're using KMail/1.9.9?
>
> What is the difference in appearance?

It depends how you send it. If there is a plain text version and a HTML
version, I see the plain text version. If you use HTML only, I see the
HTML source which isn't really readable. I would have to switch to HTML
view, but that would actually display the text with markup like
ridiculously tiny or very big font, coloured text, etc. which is not
necessarily useful.

> Everything I get from the list looks the same (not that I read
> everything), which would mean everyone but me was sending both?

If it all looks the same, what is the advantage of using HTML? Most mails
here are plain text only, several are both plain text and HTML, very few
are HTML only.

> By the time my last reply got back to me thru the list it looked the
> same.

Yes, in this thread you only used plain text.

> Now, I googled Kmail + HTML. Not a pretty picture.

It isn't about Kmail - I wouldn't use HTML view with other mail clients.
For the list HTML just shouldn't be used. See
<http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists/etiquette>.

Nils