IM Logging

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sun Jun 8 22:08:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 21:09 +0300, Alexandra Zaharia wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry about that. I'm using Gaim 2.0.0 beta 6.
> > But I fixed the problem -accidentally.
> >
> > I have been testing php code so I put the date on my pc a month in the future
> > (or three or six depending) and all the while, whenever I typed something in my
> > chat window - the logging date was logging for those dates in the future. So, my
> > logs are correct - they just have up to 12 months in front of each one.
> >
> > Anyway, got it fixed now.
> >
> > Wade
>
> Hi,
>
> Glad it's fixed! Anyway, as I recall, Gaim used to keep its logs in
> ~/.gaim/logs/protocol/account/contact, just as Pidgin does (in
> ~/.purple/logs/protocol/account/contact).

Hi everybody
As a newbie I just started IM with Ubuntu and Skype.
To get my old ICQ contacts reactivated I started with Pidgin,
since my Ubuntu 7.10 lists Pidgin under Applications !

What are facts or reasons to choose Gaim over Pidgin ?
Or perhaps opposite ??

Your opinions and suggestions are very appreciated. ;-)

TIA and cheers, svobi