rsync is bad

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jun 8 10:59:44 UTC 2008

Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>

>>    I provided all I have in error messages. No-one has offered any
>> help. My experiance is that problems with X windows are above the help
>> of anyone.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> This is what makes me think you are hired by Microsoft or Apple to
> come in here and cause distraction and stress.  Pick a tool, try to
> use it for something for which it is not intended, act indignant when
> it doesn't work, then vaguely complain to everybody.

    That is not true. I have been told rsync works for backing up
thousands of computers every day. I used it right. It did make a good
looking copy on the other partition. I made an error so it took time to
find that. But when it was cleared up it was fine, except for the fact
the X windows was broken.

    I have learned you do not fix X windows problems.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User