Removing Vista in Favour of Ubuntu

Michael Sotnikov astar at tut.by
Fri Jun 6 17:48:26 UTC 2008

Nils Kassube:
> Sam Albers wrote:
>> OK. I see your point with Vista. Makes sense I suppose. However, I not
>> really sure what you mean by "leave it very small size". How do I
>> reduce it to small size? I thought that it was all or nothing. Thanks
>> for your help!
>
> There is an option inside Vista to resize the partition. But I can't tell
> you exactly where because I don't have Vista.

You can resize windows partition with built-in tools. Check it:
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk
Management

But, as i remember vista wants to leave it 20gig minimum (smth. like that)
On other hand - you can resize its partition with ubuntu's installer.
For me it worked perfect (when i was installing ubuntu first time on
laptop) but some guys over internet says it could be dangerous =).