automated install

Jan Marquardt jm at artfiles.de
Fri Jun 6 12:56:47 UTC 2008

Hi Pierre,

I can recommend FAI (Fully Automatic Installation) for installing Ubuntu
complete automatically. We are using FAI for some years to install
Debian and newly also Ubuntu. You can find information about FAI under
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/.

Hope this helps for the beginning.

Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> hi,
> I'm planning to install Ubuntu on a lot of laptops and desktops, and
> would like to perform automated(unattended) installs. Up to now,
> with redhat-like distros, I used kickstart, but it seems that its Ubuntu
> version lacks some useful features (nfs, group selection)
> I would appreciate somes advices  of people having used the different methods:
> FAI, preseed, kickstart, (and anything else...)
>
> I browsed the archives, with no useful result:
> Posts from 2005, with almost all the links not found, or more recent ones
> with the same question,  without answer.
>
> I hope to be luckier this time.

Regards,

Jan Marquardt

--
Artfiles New Media GmbH | Spaldingstr. 160 b | 20097 Hamburg
Tel: 040 - 32 02 72 90 | Fax: 040 - 32 02 72 95