ubuntu 8.04 and vmware workstation 6.04

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jun 5 13:01:18 UTC 2008

Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 June 2008 09:31:36 Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Bob Adams wrote:
>> > ó Õ×ÁÖÅÎÉÅÍ,
>> > éÎÄÉË ÷ÌÁÄÉÍÉÒ
>> > éÎÖÅÎÅÒ ÇÒÕÐÐÙ ÓÏÐÒÏ×ÏÖÄÅÎÉÑ ÐÒÉËÌÁÄÎÙÈ ÓÉÓÔÅÍ
>> > óÅÒ×ÉÓÎÙÊ ÃÅÎÔÒ
>> > éÎÆÏÓÉÓÔÅÍÙ äÖÅÔ
>> > ÔÅÌÅÆÏÎ: 1796
>> > e-mail: indik at jet.msk.su
>> >
>> > Why are you sending replies written in garbage?
>>
>> That's more than a little racist.  It wasn't garbage, it was Cyrillic,
>> and
>> it was just a signature, not the reply.  The only thing Vladimir did that
>> might be considered wrong was using a sig over 4 lines - but that's a
>> piece of netiquette that is almost universally ignored these days.

OK, he top-posted, too...

> +1.
>
> Bob should be using UTF-8 anyways, so he could se the correct
> unintelligible characters, instead of random unintelligible characters. :)

LOL.  I never saw the original post in my newsreader - since my leafnode
filters are set to drop anything in koi-8, due to spam and the fact that I
can't read it, I expect that's how the post was sent, but it was perfectly
legible in google, as opposed to the version Bob resent.  It never occurred
to me that somebody might actually send body in Latin, and a sig in
Cyrillic, so it's time to reconsider that filter.
--
derek