virtualbox modules and new kernel

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 22:53:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Steven Davies-Morris
> <sdavmor at systemstheory.net> wrote:
>>> Hmm - I get this instead:
>>> sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
>>>  * Usage: /etc/init.d/vboxdrv {start|stop|restart|status}
>>>

>>> Drat! :)
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> You might also try reinstalling off the latest .deb in which case it
>> will do the compile for you under the hood.
>

> I got joy using this method:

This didn't work for me, either.

> sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose-source
> sudo m-a update
> sudo m-a prepare
> sudo m-a a-i virtualbox-ose
> sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv restart
>
> Can't take the credit though - I found it here:
> http://mcb.lessthanthree.se/?p=26

This did work for me!    Though I do wonder if it will be replaced at
the right time when future updates appear in the repositories.

Think I will follow the suggestion in another thread on this list
discssing the same problem and report it upstream in the VirtualBox
list.

> Chris

Drew Einhorn