iptrace?

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:44:34 UTC 2008

> Subject: Re: iptrace?
>
>>> OTOH, maybe the logs of your proxy provide some hints on what is going
>>> wrong. I'd take a look at them - maybe after increasing the log level.
>>
>> No proxy.
>
> And where does the 504 HTTP status code (Gateway timeout) come from?
>
> Since you provided almost no useful info what exactly you're talking
> about, I'd consider the chances to be very slim that anyone here is able
> to give useful assistance. I doubt that more than wild guessing can be
> expected.

OK, you got us. Volunteers know everything, and can get all the info
they need from what you told us.

The wild guessing is to ELIMINATE problems, and to fill in gaps from
your original post. Did you tell us absolutely everything we needed to
know? Of course not. You'll find even paid tech support people will
always start with wild 'guesses' because they're standard responses,
the 'oh bugger I never checked that' problems. Usually saves loads of
time.

--
One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of

R< $&h ! > $- ! $+	$@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)