Drivers in Linux

Sam Albers tonightsthenight at
Sun Jun 1 15:05:18 UTC 2008

*Apologies in advance if this is the inappropriate place to ask this

I am looking for direction in terms of how do I make Ubuntu support my
hardware with Linux compatible drivers. I am about to make the switch from
Vista to Ubuntu but I am not sure how to ensure that all my hardware
functions properly. Should I seek out the drivers before installing Ubuntu
and then be able to have them ready to install? Basically, I am looking for
the smoothest transition from a Vista based machine to Ubuntu! Thanks!