Is there a problem sharing Firefox 3 and Firefox 2 profiles?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 12:27:10 UTC 2008

2008/6/1 Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>:
> On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 10:08 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> There are extensions issues, and not all FX3 extensions work in FX2.
>> Vimperator, for instance.
>
> Sorry if I was unclear. I know that several extensions have not update
> for FF3 yet.
>
> What I meant to say (in response to the question) was that there was/is
> the suspicion that having certain extensions might be harmful for the
> compatibility of the profile between FF2 and FF3.

Only those which are compatible with one and not the other. Rare is
the Fx3 extension that won't work in Fx2. There's some page on mozdev
that describes basically what has changed from the XUI perspective. I
already forgot :) In any case, the carryover data files are identical.

Not to be a jerk, but according to Mozilla, Firefox is abbreviated Fx, not FF.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.