Is there a problem sharing Firefox 3 and Firefox 2 profiles?

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Jun 1 05:53:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 22:43 -0500, Young wrote:
> Is anyone successfully using a shared profile between Firefox 2 and 3?

I have switched between the two numerous times, without issues. IIRC,
the compatibility of profiles was also mentioned (somewhere "official")
as a reason for having FF3 Beta 5 in 8.04 when it was released.

However, I don't use extensions much, and when 8.04 was released there
_were some people on the list who claimed compatibility issues. I don't
think that anyone was every _really sure, though.