The Ubuntu Experiment

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 30 20:01:39 UTC 2008

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
> Windows XP doesn't crash? That's the first time I've ever heard of that
> one. :) As a person who works on computers of all kinds, including those
> running Ubuntu and other Linux-based OS's and Windows 2000 and XP, I can
> tell you that XP definitely crashes. It gets spyware that even the best
> antispyware programs can't fully clear off. Performance degrades over
> time as you use it even if you turn it off whether you get spyware
> and/or viruses or not. Not to mention the fact that Microsoft
> conveniently eliminated the blue screen of death so that XP just
> suddenly reboots for no apparent reason and any work you did prior to
> the reboot is lost....

	Umm, wrong. XP still gets the BSOD.

	Now, I much prefer Ubuntu myself, but I can't complain about my Win98,
W2K & WinXP installs over the years. Fairly solid. Crashes were rare,
and usually because of something silly I did. Now I am a computer
support professional myself (for 10+ years) which has a lot to do with
the Win installs being stable. Right now I've got XP on a Thinkpad A20p,
Inspiron 5150, and in VMWare on Win Server 2003. Not a problem on any.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,