The Ubuntu Experiment

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com
Wed Jul 30 19:16:21 UTC 2008

> From: Derek Broughton
> > How about the next time Windows crashes to the ground?
> With all hands
> > lost?  And that isn't an if.  It has happened to everyone I
> know excpet
> > for me.  But, then again, I used to rebuild the machine
> once a year to
> > clear all of the old cruft.
>
> When was the last time you had or know of a crash on XP?  For all it's
> faults, crashing is not one of them.

You aren't joking...

The last machine that crashed was about two weeks ago at a small local
business.  It was so riddled with virii that it finally just ceased to
be.  No reboot, nothing.  I rebuilt it with the disks and told them that
they needed to use some antivirus and antispyware.

As far as windows goes, XP seems to be the best.  But I just came across
a guy using WIN 3.11.  And there are still a lot of WIN 9x machines out
there.

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.