The Ubuntu Experiment

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jul 30 18:20:52 UTC 2008

Chris Jones wrote:

>> OK, I consider myself an expert - can you explain how it benefits me?
>> I'm
>> serious.  I've never found a decent use for those desktops, so I wouldn't
>> be able to convince a newbie.
>
> Do you ever have more than one task on the go ?

Always.

> I regularly have 3-4 different work projects on the go at once, all of
> which have multiple applications and windows associated to them.
> Isolating each project to one or two workspaces is an incredibly useful
> way of keeping things under control.

Except I keep all of my konqueror tabs in a single window - I suppose I
could make konqueror appear on all desktops, or have a konqueror on each.

> I must confess, multiple workspaces are such an intuitively good thing
> IMHO, I find it hard to imagine anyone not using them ...

I just find it simple enough to get to every window either by clicking on it
directly or going to the kicker panel.

I'm sorry.  I'm a dinosaur.  Next you'll be telling me I should understand
how facebook works. :-)
--
derek