Problem with dual boot ubunto/windows

Felipe DOMINGUEZ felipe.dominguez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:06:55 UTC 2008

Hello.

I need some help to solve a windows problem :-(    ( I know... this is
ubuntu)

I did install ubuntu, and it works fine, the problem is that i want to have
a dual boot, ubuntu/windows, I may need windows to run some applications.

Initially I had windows on the laptop, and after installing ubuntu
everything was fine. After playing a bit with ubuntu i decided to uninstall
it and install it again. I use a tool called Boot Manager and a procedure I
found in this list. I use it a few times and it was fine,  but there were an
error once...

Afte that I installed ubunto and it works fine. But Window xp  do recognize
anything on the computer. It can not be installed.

it gives me this error STOP: 0X0000007e

I have done a lot of search  but I cannot find a solution. I have tried with
gparted, but it does not fix anything.

If any one have had the same problem and found a solution I would really
appreciate if they tell me.

thanks in advance.

Felipe

--