OT: Thunderbird on the installer CD [was: Re: Evolution]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Jul 29 18:56:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 12:48 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> NO! I do not care to have Thunderbird as a default email client. I
> do care the Ubuntu has evolution it's default email client. I would
> have both a d/l choice.

Right, I remember now that you said that at the start. Sorry for that.

Though I do wonder about the wisdom of not having a GUI mail client
installed by default at all. IMHO, you'd at the very least have to
provide a mechanism that facilitates download of either evo or TB as
soon as the user tries to set up email.

This of course adds some complexity, both in code and for the user (who
has to answer one more question at least, and Ubuntu does not like
questions a lot)