Compiz and googleearth, tuxkart, torcs, etc

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Tue Jul 29 18:33:16 UTC 2008

ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> From David Fox"

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be> wrote:
>

>> > When using compiz I cannot run googleearth, tuxkart, torcs, etc.
>> > What should I adjust so that these programs run OK. If I have to remove
>>
> In a terminal, either do a 'metacity --replace' or 'kwin --replace'
> depeding on whether you use gnome or kde. It'll revert to the 2D
> desktop for window manager purposes. How does compiz prevent
> googleearth etc. from running? What video card and how much video ram
> do you have?
Hi ubuntu-users

What is happening with these programs is that the screen is constantly
flickering when I run either one of them.
I switched my resolution a bit lower froml 1900x1200 to 1600x1050 and it
is getting better, but I do not want to go lower.

My card is an ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility X1400 with (I think)
1 MB of memory (how do I find out?)

Tx

Bye/Alain