What sound recording program?

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 01:12:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
<gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to reply with another question, but could that be the reason that I
> can't get any sound from Audacity? Everything else works, but Audacity gives
> error messages rather than sound when trying to play a file, no matter what

Probably not, as I have pulseaudio, but I don't think it is running
nor configured because I never did anything to affect pulseaudio. It
seems to be running if I use Gnome, but I spend 99% of my desktop time
in kde and it doesn't seem to affect anything sound-related. For
instance, I can start audacity (just tried it in fact) and have it
import and play an ogg file. When I run mplayer, I get a "can't
connect to server" message relating to pulseaudio each time, but sound
continues to play just like normal.