speed adjustment for music player

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 28 21:23:18 UTC 2008

On 07/28/2008 12:28 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I teach international folk dancing.  Is there an add-on for a linux
> compatible music player which allows you to adjust the speed of the
> playback?  This would make practicing easier.  I have had one for windows.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

Audacity. Has a nice slide bar that you can use to play at slower/faster
speeds in real-time without having to modify the sound file. Far right
on the toolbar just to the right of the green right arrow. Works
perfectly for my wife when she instructs Filipino folks dances.

>From a terminal:

sudo apt-get install audacity

Or use Synaptic to install.

Gary