Evolution

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jul 28 20:32:23 UTC 2008

John Masters wrote:
> On 28 Jul 2008, at 21:13, Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>> Mario Vukelic wrote:

>>> Did you also click the pretty icons? Here are the results from popcon
>>> for evolution vs. thunderbird, from the list "Statistics for the
>>> whole
>>> archive sorted by fields", ranked by <vote>.
>>>
>>> #<name> is the package name;
>>> #<inst> is the number of people who installed this package;
>>> #<vote> is the number of people who use this package regularly;
>>> #<old> is the number of people who installed, but don't use this
>>> package
>>> #        regularly;
>>> #<recent> is the number of people who upgraded this package recently;
>>>
>>> #rank name                            inst  vote   old recent
>>> 443   evolution                      509363 80793 404082 24432
>>> 587   thunderbird                    141871 45359 91515  4937
>>>

>>    Sorry, I do not know what your statistics prove. Of course for
>> Ubuntu 100 percent of the Ubuntu installed HAVE Evolution installed.
>>

> Except for those that have uninstalled Evolution which is what started
> this thread
>

>>    My statistics are about to be published.
>>

> Can't wait _:)

    Here they are. Lots of things can be wrong but all results are
presented. The sample size of 100 is small but I am lazy :-)

                What E-mail Client do we use on Ubuntu?

        Checked 100 of the last emails to this list and the results are
as follows:

Thunderbird     36
Gmail           20
Evolution       12
Firefox         5
Mutt            3
Apple           2
Microsoft       2
All Others      30

        The results show that Thunderbird is used 3 times more often
than Evolution and more times than All Others. I was surprised at all
the Gmail use.

        Another result is as follows. All 100 users have Evolution on
their computer but only 12 are using it. One third of the users choose
to download Thunderbird and use that.

karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI