Evolution

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jul 28 18:38:02 UTC 2008

        I wish there was a way to tell which mail client every user of
Ubuntu is using. I think it would show that Thunderbird is way ahead in
use. That being the case it makes sense to downgrade Evolution to the
same level as Thunderbird. This means you need to get either one after
the new Ubuntu is loaded on your computer.

        The part of Evolution which is essential to Gnome needs to
remain in the loaded system. This will make the LiveCD a bit smaller
also a good idea. I'm not in the least upset about needing to d/l
Thunderbird to use it. Anyone who wants Evolution can do the same thing.

        To have a loaded email system I suggest "mail" which is the most
basic of email systems but it works great from a Terminal. A tiny program.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User