saving flv files streamed over rtmp

andy baxter andy at
Sun Jul 27 21:19:02 UTC 2008

Spruil wrote:
> NoOp <glgxg at> wrote in news:g6gcou$1hb$1 at
>> Keep in mind that the file will disappear from /tmp as soon as the
>> stream is closed. Do you have a particular flv url & perhaps I can
>> test/try?
> I notice you're in the uk so I'm going to take a wild guess you may be
> trying to save the BBC iplayer flv files.
> If this is the case, I have noticed that since the recent revamp it it
> really hard to save these files. They are playing really clever now.
> If this isn't what you're trying please disregard my post :)
Well yes that is what I'm trying to do - I was just a bit wary about
saying so explicitly on the list... But I think it's pretty obvious
anyway from what I've said already so never mind.

So far I've not had much luck at a linux solution, but have managed to
download the two files I am interested in at the moment using orbit
downloader in windows - this works pretty well.

If anyone knows of a better place to discuss stuff like this, it would
be good to know.