unbuntu+ldap

Donny George donny008 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 20:18:56 UTC 2008

hello

I installed two machines with ubuntu 8.04 server edition and tried to set up
an ldap client and server in them. and i followed the following link
http://beginlinux.com/index.php/server_training/server-managment-topics/116-server-management/1015-basics-of-ldap

i have successfully created the ldap server and use phpldap as the gui and
populated the database as well. the next thing i did was to create the
client and that was performed as well and i could get the structure of the
ldap with the command getenet passwd on the client.

But unfortunately i cant log in on the client with the user on the ldap
server which should normally happen

could someone tell me wat could i possibly do to fix this ??

thankyou one and all for your help

donny