Pairing S9 bluetooth headset with Hardy

Kennneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Sun Jul 27 20:07:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:06:55 +0200, Marcin ‘Qrczak’ Kowalczyk wrote:

> 2008/7/25 Kennneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>:
>
>> I'm trying to get my Motorola bluetooth S9 headset to pair with my
>> Hardy machine, but with no luck.  I found a link that is supposed to
>> help (to a blog), but unfortunately the article is no longer available.
>
> I successfully made a bluetooth headset working based on this:
> http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=694010 but this is so
> ugly (see point 18) that I don't use it. A wired headset is more
> convenient for me: plug it in and it replaces the speakers, unplug it
> and speakers are used again, without clicking applets and issuing magic
> commands. And a wired headset does not need to be charged from time to
> time.

I've tried the link above and it works fine up to the point of running
pactl commands.  I get errors here.  Something about modules failing to
load or something.  Not sure I understand it.  I don't have the exact
error handy, but I'll run through it again in the next few days and post
the exact error.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>
http://www.electricsenator.net

  I wake up each morning determined to change the World...  and also to
  have one hell of a good time.  Sometimes that makes planning the day
  a little difficult.  -- E.B. White