Problem with installation.

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 27 00:11:23 UTC 2008

On 07/25/2008 12:10 PM, hamideh jafarpoor wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I have downloaded the image file of "ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386" from
> the www.ubuntu.com. I have done the MD5SUM checking after downloading
> it. Then I burned the image file onto a cd. The Integrity checking of
> the cd was successful but when I want to install ubuntu there is a
> problem. The desktop with that bird image is visible but there is no
> other thing to begin installing, no installing button or something
> like that. I changed the speed of burning cd but in this case, the
> pages for installation are not compelete.For instance, I can not see
> the map and the thing s below it in the part of determining location
> and time zone! I would appreciate you helping me or your suggestions.

This sounds as if there is an issue with the graphics mode; meaning that
the screen resolution is so large that you are not able to view the top
or bottom panels. Please try this: When you boot with the CD and get to
the "Try Ubuntu..." screen, press F4 and and select "Safe graphics
mode". Hit Enter and continue with "Try Ubuntu...". See if that brings
up Ubuntu LiveCD properly.