saving flv files streamed over rtmp

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 26 22:18:56 UTC 2008

On 07/26/2008 03:09 PM, andy baxter wrote:
> hello,
>
> is there a way to save flv files that are streamed using rtmp? I want to
> record a flash video that is being streamed in this way, but can't see a
> way to do it in linux. There seem to be solutions for windows, so there
> must be a way of doing it. Mplayer won't play these streams, which is
> what I tried first.
>
> Also I've heard that safari for Mac OSX will let you do this somehow -
> can you run this in linux?
>
> andy

As the flv is being streamed look in your /tmp directory, you will see
the stream file being created on the fly. When the stream is finished,
do not close the player that you are using to view the stream. Now copy
the file from the tmp directory to one on your home directory. Now you
can close the player/viewer. You now have a full copy of the stream in
flv format.