Win98 -- all kidding aside

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jul 25 00:39:02 UTC 2008

Mario Spinthiras wrote:
> Scrap vmware. Try Sun's Virtualbox. It even has a native deb package for
> hardy.

Blanket statements don't help much.  Why is that your opinion?

I've been using VMware's Workstation (need the commercial features for work)
and have been nothing less than happy with it.

> P.S why would you want to use windows in linux? Sounds rather strange
> don't you think?

Not at all.  One of my employers requires me to use Outlook connected to an
Exchange server.  Additionally, they require a Nortel Contivity VPN
connection and only supply the Windows Contivity client.

There can be reasons to run MS products.