8.04 networking seems awfully broken.

Leif Gregory ldgregory69 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:27:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:18:50 +0000 (UTC)
Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit baffled, what's the 30-minute wait for?  I've
> selected a network and entered a password, why wait for 30
> minutes?

I agree. I use my laptop to connect to four different wireless
networks (my own, my parents, my sister-in-laws, and my wife's office)
which are all WPA. The only one I ever have problems with is my wife's
office because it doesn't broadcast the SSID so I have to do a manual
config, but I still never have any problems with WPA and they always
connect up right away.

Never had to wait any longer than maybe 15 seconds and that's when
connecting to the wife's office after putting in the info.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry:  http://powerwagonregistry.org