transcode FLV (YouTube flash) to MP4 (ISO MPEG v4)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 23 21:05:58 UTC 2008

On 07/23/2008 01:33 PM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 22:14 +0200, Sven wrote:
>>
>> I guess VLC is only media player. I didn't find any option for
>> converting videos.
>
> Well hidden: menu File > Wizard.

I can only get the flv to save as MP4 video only - no sound. Maybe I
missed a button?

Sven wants to convert a youtube flv for his ipod.

Winff can convert flv to several different ipod formats (H.264, XviD,
AVI Quicktime etc) that will include the sound. If you select XviD for
iPod (4:3 or 16:9)) Winff converts the file quite nicely into an MP4
w/sound and video.