Firefox locking up

Leonard Bussey lbus42 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 20:48:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 14:20 -0600, Jim Rosser wrote:
> Im just curious is there a reason you did not use the repositories to
> install jre?

I did a search of the repositories for java and it showed that the
java-common and java-gcj files were installed.  Also Firefox showed that
java was enabled.  However I noticed that java applets were not loading.
I followed the links from Firefox to Sun's java test page and it said
that I needed to upgrade the jre.  Thats when I screwed up Firefox.