ubuntu installation on free continuous space....

MARCO fantonmarco at alice.it
Sun Jul 20 08:48:18 UTC 2008

Hi all and thanks for your help.
I' ve tested ubuntu on my notebook for a few from live cd and now i want to install it.
i've burned the cd with iso image.
on the notebook there are two hided partition (config EISA), a windows vista partition c:\, and a d:\ partition.
i've reduced th c:\ partition in order to create space for ubuntu (about 59 GB of not allocated space...too small??) but when i try to install ubuntu in the page where select the positon on HDD to install, i have only two choices:

-use entire disk
-manual

there isn't the the possibility to select
"use the most continuous fre space..." or something like this...

if i'm not wrong this let to install ubuntu on a not allocated disk space.
anyone can help me?
i've download the iso image from ubuntu.com...have i download the wrong image?

thanks for help
regards

Marco