no more windows

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Jul 22 05:41:33 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 07:05:55 pm Derek Broughton wrote:

> Because some of us receive mail via Exchange, and the frigin' clients won't
> let us have either IMAP access or automated forwarding of email...  I _can_
> access the mail through the Exchange Web interface, but it's the most
> painful (and slowest) web interface I've ever used - even worse than
> Hotmail.

Aw man,  sorry about that, ...I've always used an email client.  All the way
back to my C=64 days.  Amiga came along and with it YAM.  Coming to Linux I
looked for something close to Yam and found claws.  Even my filters worked
with it!!  Then Kmail started to come along in reasonable usability so I
worked over my filters and went with it.  Not as good as Yam but them I no
longer have my 4000.  It quit in 2004 after running 24/7 since 1991 as my BBS
computer.  Down time in all that time was 43 minutes.  Both my Yahoo and
Google accounts work with Kmail downloads and even with the uploads, although
my outgoing mail usually goes out from my ISP's smpt address as it is my
default, I can also smpt through both my yahoo and google accounts with
Kmail.  I do not however, appreciate or like the bloated Kontact or Evolution
mega versions using the same basic mailer system.   When you attain my age
you like lean and mean!