Accessing Windows XP programs in Ubuntu (was Re: The pest again)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 21 20:52:14 UTC 2008

On 07/21/2008 09:28 AM, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 20:52 -0700, NoOp wrote:

>> > I'm sick of giving them money.  I've spent lots of money over the years
>> > and don't want to give them another 50 bucks a year.  Sheesh.
>> >

>> Well nothing in your reply provided any useful information regarding
>> what you need to do with your application. So I reckon that you are on
>> your own with that. Good luck.
>>

> Sorry.  I write a lot of book reviews and research papers, and I often
> have to cite early Mormon documents, all located on this CD.

OK, I'll bite: what specifically is the format of the documents on the
CD? BTW: if it is Gospelink 2001 that you are refering to & want to run
it with Wine, have a look at this:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11964

So, I'd recommend reading up on VirtualBox, install VB, install Win2K or
WinXP in VB and run your program using that.