The pest again

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 21 19:32:14 UTC 2008

On 07/21/2008 05:44 AM, Derek Broughton wrote:

> But not in the way that Mario suggests.  VMWare has "raw disk" support,
> allowing you (if you feel lucky) to run Windows from it's own partition.
> Virtualbox only allows you to run it off a virtual disk image.

Can you point me to a howto for doing this in VMWare? I use VB (and am
quite happy with it w/Win2KP), but I also have two systems with WinXPP
on them; one has XP on a partition, the other has XP on it's own drive.
Both were OEM installs, so no CD's etc & it's a pain to have to reboot
(I use them for troubleshooting customer issues w/new devices etc).