Zlib + Boost Installation problem

Stuart A. Yeates syeates at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 06:08:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to instal Boost library on Intel Core 2 machine I had installed
> AMD64
> version of Ubuntu.
> Installing gave troubles and it seems that it couldn't find zlib.h path.
> There are two places I could locate zlib.h in Ubuntu i.e.
> linux-headers-2.6.24-19
> and linux-headers-2.6.24-19.generic. Why there are two identical version and
> how
> I can provide link to Boost library to these libraries and which one I
> should use ?
> csv

Are you sure there are two identical copies? On my box one is a link
to the other:

stuartyeates at stuartyeates:~$ ls -lart
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 53 2008-07-16 21:24
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic/include/linux/zlib.h ->

This is very common for header files. I'm pretty certain that the
linux-headers-2.6.24-19 is the one you should be referencing.

Also make sure that this is the header you're after, rather than the
one with the same name in

which looks more like what you need.